Saturday 14 February 2015

Roller Derby; will you be my Valentine?



This may sound silly but I am so thankful to have Roller Derby in my life. My life has transformed; my mind and body have transformed, and I feel so happy in my skates. I never thought I would be able to stand in skates, yet alone weave around or jump off ramps. My Roller Derby journey has not even properly matured yet as I am still struggling to attain my laps after years as a freshie/reccie, but I am loving the training and after a period of self doubt I have accepted that I will blossom at my own pace and no matter what I am still supported and accepted by my team mates.

I consider myself and others who fall for this sport to be truly lucky, how often does a feeling like this come along in a lifetime? The desire, the passion and the determination are real and we experience it every time we lace up our skates, or when we think about skating when we should be doing something else!

So this Valentine's Day I declare my true love for Roller Derby and Kent Roller Girls! Be my Valentine, Derby? Pretty please? 

xxx  

No comments:

Post a Comment